Monday, February 24, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Moon Ring Bracelet Variation

MOON RING BRACELET VARIATION
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho “Antique Bronze” (TR-11-223/c)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho “Opaque Oxblood (TR-08-46c)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki “Opaque Tan” (8-440)
  • SuperDuo beads “Luster Gold”
I wanted to post this as my "Bracelet of the Day" as soon as I had finished making it but I couldn't. I sent it to Teejay in England a couple weeks ago and I didn't want to spoil the surprise. She received my package today so now I can post about it.


Quite a few months ago, I made a little sample from Deborah Roberti's "Moon Ring Bracelet" pattern but used all seed beads instead of the fire polished beads called for. It worked quite well with seed beads but I never got around to making a bracelet that way until a couple weeks ago. Since making my sample all that time ago, I started buying SuperDuo beads and discovered that they would make marvelous connectors between the motifs. Now I'm glad that I waited to make this bracelet because the SuperDuo beads really add a nice touch.

Here's how my original sample looked:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment