Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Diamond Chain

DIAMOND CHAIN
I don't have any bead info for today's bracelet. I got the gun metal seed beads at Walmart and the bicones didn't come with any color information. I found them in the Chinavoski bin at Beadoholique and have never seen this color again since. This was one of my earliest bracelets made from what was one of my favorite patterns when I was just starting to learn beading. It's very easy to learn yet looks very pretty. You can get the free tutorial from the Fire Mountain Gems site HERE. I substituted a single bicone for each pair of seed beads called for.

Here's another way that you can use the cathedral beads that I posted about yesterday. I used Deborah Roberti's "Dewdrop Earrings" pattern and used the cathedral beads as drop beads. You can buy the earring pattern HERE on Around the Beading Table.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly me. I should have at least posted the sizes although they are listed in the tutorial. The bicones are 4mm and the seed beads I used were probably about 10/0. They're definitely larger than 11/0's but smaller than 8/0's even though it says they're 11/0's on the label. You can use true 11/0's with that pattern but the result will be a more delicate bracelet. I think that 8/0's would be a bit too big.

      Delete
    2. I take that back. I just double-checked and there's no mention in the tutorial of the sizes of the beads.

      Delete
  2. I love some of the items you make. I notice some of the jewelry you have changed around. The bracelets
    and earrings by you are beautiful. Can you make patterns for free or better for you sell tutorials on etsy on what you make? I really like the new earrings you made. I would love to buy your patterns. When I mean free
    that is your chose but selling is a real good. Maybe you do. Let me know. e-mail angelwings9591@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. Many of the patterns that I change are variations of other people's designs so it wouldn't be right for me to give them away or sell them as my own creations.

      Delete