Friday, April 4, 2014

Organization Inspiration - Part 5: My Beading Patterns

 This is the last post in my series on how I organize my beads and beading supplies. I don't have an elegant way to store my pattern folders. They're just stacked on top of a small shelf in the bedroom. The four black file folders hold all of my printed patterns.

On top of those I have two green 3-ring binders which I use as a sort of catalog of my patterns. Whenever I print out a pattern, I create and print out a single page that includes the name of the pattern, the necessary supplies to make that pattern and a photo or two so that I can see what the project looks like. There's also space on the page where I can jot down notes later. At the moment, they're sorted into three categories: Earrings, Necklaces and Bracelets. 



 I find this cataloging system very useful when I'm trying to get an idea for something to make using a particular type of bead. Rather than having to take out all of my patterns, and look through them, I can quickly page through the catalog and pull out the pages for the patterns I might consider using. I file them alphabetically by pattern name in the binders, by the way.

As far as the file folders, these are the contents of each of them:
On the tabs inside the folders, I've got them labeled alphabetically with a few extra sections for idea pictures and a few other odds and ends. As you can see, Deborah Roberti has a whole folder to herself because I've got so many of her patterns. And, those are just her bracelet patterns. I've mixed her earring and necklace patterns in the other folder with the other necklaces and earrings.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, just found your blog whilst searching google for stuff. great way of organising thanks for the tips xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bead Queen. Nice to meet you. I'm off now to check out your blog and Etsy shop.

      Delete