Monday, July 21, 2014

London's Garden Bracelet - Tweaked Loops


I mentioned HERE in yesterday's post that I made a different clasp loop on the latest bracelet that I made for my sister. I thought that the first one I made looked a little wonky and I also wanted to use a magnet clasp this time. To get the bead details, read THIS post.

Here is a close-up of how I originally made the loop the first time I made this pattern:




And, here is the new, improved loop:


If you recall, I make this pattern using my own single needle method so I don't know if this kind of loop is possible to make with the 2-needle method. I do think it would work if you start with just three seed beads instead of seven as shown in the Beads Magic illustration, which you can see HERE. Well, hopefully by the time you read this, the Beads Magic site is working again. At the moment it's not loading. The original design for this bracelet was published by Preciosa in a PDF file showing various ways to use Twin Beads. You can download the PDF file HERE.




4 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty and delicate looking! Where do you get druks with those fabulous colors? I have a limited supply of them. The dark green beads in the necklace I just made are druks. I used all of them to make this necklace, and was wondering how to get more. Looking forward to see what you do with Deb's patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really had to hunt for nice druk colors, especially in 3mm. 4mm druks are the most popular size so they're not as hard to find. Red Panda has a pretty good selection in 3mm and so does Artbeads.com. Aura Crystals on eBay has a lot of good colors but only in 4mm. Every now and then I stumble upon some unusual colors on Etsy. But, most of the time it's not worth the shipping to buy just a small number of beads but I have done it a few times for really special colors. Robin's Beads has nice colors in 3mm and 4mm but she's in the UK. Teejay sends them to me from there.

      Delete
  2. What colors did you use here and what brand of magnetic clasps do you use I have some that are so strong they pick up stuff when your wearing the bracelet haha clepto clasps. Then others are too weak they some how release and the bracelet falls off. By the way love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbi. I've added some links in my post above that will take you to my previous posts where I listed the beads that I used.

      I get my magnet clasps from China so there's no brand name. They must be strong enough because I rarely have a bracelet come undone while I'm wearing it.

      Delete