Friday, December 12, 2014

More Persian Fans Earrings Samples


I tried several more color combinations with this pattern from Extrano's Etsy shop. You can buy the pattern HERE. I'm finding that it's a bit tricky coming up with pairs of SuperDuo and fire polished bead colors that compliment the design. Some colors seem to blend to much with the seed beads and the result is a little boring. I also tried to avoid having one color stand out so much that the rest of the beads become invisible. That first sample earring that I posted about the other day HERE seems about perfect in regard to the way the colors play together. I also like a couple of the samples below, in particular the rose topaz one and the one with the black SuperDuos.


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 3mm druks "Bronze"
  • SuperDuo beads "Halo Regal"

I tried replacing the fire polished beads with druks in this sample. They work but they cause the stitching to bulge a bit. I don't mind that so much because it gives the earring a dimensional look. What I don't like about this sample is that the purple beads don't show up very well next to the bronze seed beads. This one is too boring.



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Bronze"
  • SuperDuo beads "Jet Bronze Picasso"

I like this sample. Although there's not a lot of contrast between the colors, this would make a good all-purpose earring that would go with a lot of outfits.


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Transparent Green Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Green Luster"

Although the colors are pretty, I don't really like the way the pale green SuperDuos stand out so much.


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Antique Silver-Nickel" (464A)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Antique Silver-Nickel" (464A)
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Transparent Amethyst Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Pink"

I love the color of these SuperDuos and I think I like this earring well enough. Apparently the silver seed beads are fatter than the bronze ones because they made the earring much wider than the other samples. It's also very flat.


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Amethyst Crystal Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Rose Gold Topaz Luster"

This is one of my favorite samples. The colors are subtle but they show up pretty well. This one came out slightly dimensional but I like the way it looks.


3 comments:

  1. LOvely earrings, thank-you for sharing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, can I get the directions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a link to buy the pattern in my post above.

      Delete