Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Hexagon Duo Bracelet


HEXAGON DUO BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate (11-461)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Green Luster"
  • 3mm druks "Howlite Brown" (Beads One - not available online)

This is my adaptation of Kelly Dale's "Hexagon Duo Earrings" pattern as a bracelet. You can watch her free YouTube tutorial HERE. If you'd like a pattern that you can print out, Kelly also has this tutorial for sale in her Etsy shop, HERE.

For the past few days I've been trying to come up with some ways to use the new Silky beads that I got recently. There are very few patterns available for them and most that I've seen aren't my style. So, I've been creating my own designs by adapting patterns that looked like they could be made to work with Silkies. I also made a bracelet and earrings set using Sam Wescott's "Diadem Bracelet" pattern, which came out very nice. I'll blog about it, as well as my Silky samples, as soon as I can get some good photos of them. Stay tuned...



2 comments:

  1. Re, Hexagon duo. Bracelet...love the looks of this pattern, where can I get directions for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, there's a link to the YouTube video in my post above. Kelly's directions won't be exactly the same as the way I made mine but close. If you're rather have a printed tutorial, Kelly also has this one for sale in her Etsy shop: Hexagon Duo Earrings

      Delete