Friday, May 1, 2015

Coming Soon - Teejay's Silky "Mary Ann" Bracelet Pattern


I first blogged about this clever design HERE. My friend, Teejay, made the above bracelet for me for my birthday and of course I wanted the pattern so that I could make some myself. So, Teejay and I are once again collaborating to produce a pattern for everyone to enjoy. I've made a few samples in the past couple of days and Teejay's instructions are easy to follow and her illustrations are very clear. It only needs a little fine-tuning.

After trying a few different Silky colors with this pattern, I'm finding that the shape of them varies enough that it can affect the way the bracelet looks where the "chains" of seed beads surround the "bump" in the center of the Silky beads. Those beads either sit neatly next to the bump or they have a tendency to slide off and more of the bump is exposed. Either way, the bracelet is still very pretty so I don't see that as a problem. In my sample below, the seed beads are lined up neatly along the bumps on the Silkies. This sample shows two different ways to attach the clasp and both methods will be included in the pattern:

MARY ANN BRACELET

  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • Silky beads "Opaque Lilac"
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Pink"


1 comment: