Thursday, March 3, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Daisy Chain - Pewter & Violet


DAISY CHAIN BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter (D4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter (D4222)
  • SuperDuo beads "Pearl Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet Picasso"
  • 4mm druks "Grey Luster"


This is the bracelet that I made during my test run of Marcie's new "Daisy Chain Bracelet" tutorial. The colors are very subtle but I love the soft gray and violet combination. I had a hard time getting the violet to show up in my photos but I think you can see it best in the photo at the top of this post.

You can buy Marcie's pattern on Etsy HERE.



I just found out this morning that one of my favorite music artists, Loreena McKennitt, is performing here in Houston tonight. It sure would be fun to go to the concert but tickets are awfully expensive. I don't even know if there are any available at this late date. Oh well. I'll just play all of my Loreena albums today while I do some beading and pretend that I'm at the concert.

 

8 comments:

  1. Love your color combo it is so pretty and fairly neutral. My goodness girl you must have hundreds of bracelets. Thanks for sharing Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not quite that many but my collection is getting a little out of hand. I wish I had more people to make stuff for because I don't need as many bracelets as I have. Every now and then I take some pieces apart and recycle the beads.

      Delete
  2. Pick me Pick me!!! Where did you find your pearl luster super duos I could only find one etsy place and she wanted $8.50 Canadian for 10 gr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them in a local shop and have never seen them anywhere else. Of course they no longer have them but thankfully I bought LOTS of them while they had them. They are from Nirvana Beads and they no longer make that color. It's a shame, isn't it? It's a very soft pewter color and I love it.

      Delete
    2. Is THIS the shop where you saw them?

      Delete
  3. Yes this is the shop I just ordered some if they are not making them anymore I guess we pay the price thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have come out with some nice silver finishes lately. Look for Jet Old Silver SuperDuos which I've also seen called Antique Silver. It's a little brighter than the Pearl Luster but it still has the look of pewter. I also have some called Antique Silver that have more black on them and they're quite a bit darker but I love the old tarnished look of them.

      Delete
    2. I could only find one Etsy shop that has the darker Antique Silver with black on them and it's the same shop where I bought mine. Click HERE. I also did a Google image search for Jet Old Silver and got lots of hits on that color.

      Delete