Sunday, October 16, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Jolie Band - Lilac


JOLIE BAND
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 6mm 2-hole cabochons "Alabaster Pastel Bordeaux"
  • Arcos® par Puca® beads "Pastel Lilac"
  • 3mm pearls "Lilac #19" (Beads One)

Although I should have been working on my Christmas beading, I made three more "Jolie Bands" to try out the new Arcos and Minos colors that I got recently. I didn't have any matching Minos beads for today's bracelet so I used some Chinese pearls that are almost exactly the same color as the Arcos.

After struggling to get 11/0 seed beads to fit nicely around the 2-hole cabochons, I gave up and switched to 15/0 beads. They do seem to fill the space a little better than 11/0 beads. I did this with all three bracelets that I'll be blogging about over the next couple of days.


Download Deborah Roberti's free "Jolie Bands" pattern from Around the Beading Table HERE. You can get the Arcos® par Puca® and Minos® par Puca® beads at QueenCityBead on Etsy. Red Panda has a good assortment of 2-hole cabochons and also Arcos and Minos beads.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment