Friday, May 5, 2017

The BeeJang Challenge - Ayesha Bracelet


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Gold" (4202)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Gold" (4202)
  • 4m bicones "Teal" (Chinese)
  • 3mm pearls "Fuchsia - #20" (Beads One)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metalust Turquoise"
  • SuperDuo beads "Metalust Apple Green"

If you're familiar with BeeJang's beadwork you'll know that she likes to use lots of bright colors. To see what I mean, take a look at her Etsy shop HERE. I think her work is beautiful even if the colors she uses are brighter than I usually work with. A while back, Claire from Supply Emporium sent me some VERY bright SuperDuos and challenged me to step out of my color comfort zone and use them to make BeeJang's "Ayesha Bracelet" pattern which you can buy HERE. It's a very pretty design but I'm not keen on this colorway. In any case, this one came out much too long for me so maybe I'll make another one using some of "my" colors.


This bracelet is surprisingly heavy and I wonder if the "Metalust" finish on the SuperDuos is the cause. I was worried that a magnet clasp might not be secure enough so I used a toggle clasp instead. Today's bracelet is an inch wide, has 12 motifs and measures 8 inches long including the clasp. This will fit a 7-inch wrist. I'm pretty sure that 11 motifs will fit my 6-inch wrist.



NEW BRACELET PATTERN COMING SOON...

It may be a while before I post again. Teejay and I are working like mad on a new bracelet pattern for you and I'm not sure how long it will take. Please be patient. I think it will be worth the wait.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment